Senior Risk Manager (Banking Domain)
Xapo’s Finance function manages the group’s Balance Sheet, maintaining a balanced structure within an established risk appetite. The Risk Management team establishes the various risk parameters to monitor and optimize capital, credit, liquidity and market risk exposures affecting Xapo’s business model.
The Senior Risk Manager will support the development and implementation of the governance infrastructure (as per the Risk Management Framework) across all relevant risks affecting Xapo – namely credit / counterparty, capital, liquidity and market risk. Will formulate various risk policies and accompanying procedures for internal and external monitoring and reporting; undertake analysis for the calibration and limit setting in line with Xapo’s changing business model and needs across various jurisdictions and regulators. He/she will support the design and implementation of treasury management systems and controls based on our new accounting system (NetSuits). Also will lead the design of Stress Testing models (under multiple scenarios), and the presentation of results for internal senior management committees. He/she will liaise and provide support to the international centers on all risk related matters and produce other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Support the implementation of the Group’s Risk Management Framework
- Contribute to the design of reports to the various regulators (USA, Gibraltar, Switzerland) and reconciliation to source systems
- Production and analysis of periodic management information reports and Stress Testing models
- Support the Group globally on a wide range of licensing and regulatory matters
- Provide Senior Management with accurate and timely treasury, cash flow and liquidity analysis, and financial information, based on evaluation of data and producing financial treasury management reports together with reporting against key performance indicators.
- Provide functional system assessment and support the implementation of NetSuits, Treasury Management Systems and bank systems
- Contribute to the centralized Treasury approach and overseeing and substantiating decentralized execution where it is required due to country restrictions.
- Provide recommendations to enhance financial and treasury policies and to implement the necessary changes that will strengthen the financial controls and management throughout the Xapo.
- Provide global oversight of bank account management, liquidity holdings, foreign exchange conversion
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
- Provide guidance for the development of standard operating procedures for treasury operations and validate operational banking requirements to meet operational needs in remote locations and when using third party local partners.
- Make recommendations to Senior Management and statutory bodies regarding Treasury and Risk Management
- Ensure all policies, documentation, substantiation related to Treasury and financial risk management are accurate and complete, best practice and stand up to the scrutiny of oversight bodies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure management are provided with timely and accurate information on Treasury Management indicators and relevant critical impact analysis.
- Ensure a centralized treasury management approach and bank account structure meets operational needs to support Xapo’s business model.
- Provide guidance and instructions to be able to comply with financial regulations, rules and audit requirements in all jurisdictions.
- Effective safeguarding of global cash resources
- Conduct the Secretariat role and assist Head of Market Risk in managing the Risk Management Committee (RMC)
- Approve opening and closing of corporate bank accounts and validate contextual bank account structures to meet global operational requirements.
- A minimum of 10 years at a global level, of progressively responsible experience in treasury and risk management in banks
- BSc or MSc in Finance / Economics or similar
- Competent knowledge in all ALM / Treasury areas, with at least expert level in one of the following areas: capital, funding & liquidity, market, IR, credit / counterparty
- Experience dealing with Central Banks and Regulators
- “hands-on”, team-player, dependable, able to work independently without supervision (knows when to decide vs. escalate)
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills
- Very strong influencing and collaboration skills with the ability to work across departments and move processes and projects forward
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible working hours / able to adapt swiftly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality